Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goal Setting for 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Now that 2013 is officially here, I think it's time to set some goals for the new year. This will be a work in progress but I think it's important to put them down in writing. 

1. To meet my goal weight by the end of the year. I'm actually shooting for June-August to meet this goal. But for sure by the end of the year. My goal has always been 140. Now, since I have never been at this weight...I need to see what will "feel" right when I get closer. So lets say 135-150 to be safe. I plan on getting here by staying on track with eating and continuing to exercise 5-6 times a week. 

2. My husband and I are planning a trip to the Black Hills in the spring. We went there in 2011 and there were so many things there I wanted to do, but just couldn't--due to A. Weight and B. I had surgery on the tendons in my left leg and at that point post op I couldn't do a lot of walking or climbing. So my goals for this trip will be to be able to go into the caves and walk and climb through them. I also want to hike to the highest point in the Black Hills this time: Harney Peak. See below!!!!


3. This is a shallow goal---but at any rate, still a goal. I would like to be wearing a bikini this summer to the lake. Now...this goal, is solely dependent on how much loose skin I am left with at my goal weight. So we will see how far this goal gets this summer.

4. Run a 5K and actually RUN the whole thing! I attempted a couple last summer, but ended up walking more than I wanted to. 

5. As of yesterday I started knitting. I would like to become a KNITTER! Learn new stitches and work on some great projects.


So I think that is a good start to my list--just to get me started for 2013!! 
Can't wait to see what I get to add to my list that I never thought possible before LAP BAND! 

3 comments: