Friday, June 13, 2014

1 Week Out!

Today is one week since my surgery. Feeling pretty well!

I have had one drain removed. I still have 2. The drainage is slowing down. I begged to have them removed before the weekend but no such luck! I am stuck with them, probably until Monday. I have my one week follow up with the surgeon. I am assuming they will be able to be pulled then. I think that is where most of my discomfort is coming from. I don't think it's the incision pain, it's where the drains are coming out of my abdomen as they sit right above the pubic area.

One of the other pains of the drains is they have to be emptied and amount recorded every 8 hours. Yes this means I am getting up at midnight every night, stumbling to the bathroom to do this. I'm a big fan of sleep, so this is not my favorite thing to do.

My husband changed my dressing last night and all looks good under there.

I don't have to sleep with a pillow under my knees anymore. I tried it last night without and was more comfortable with a pillow under my knee.

I can see where the doctor is concerned that you not do too much because when you start feeling better you feel so caged. I just had to get out of the house yesterday. There was no other talking about it.

So just taking it day by day! No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment